The Biden administration has quietly circulated a peace plan aimed at ending the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine, sources told international media on Wednesday. The framework, which has not been publicly confirmed by Washington, is said to include provisions for Ukraine to cede parts of its territory and surrender certain categories of weapons.
Diplomatic insiders claim the plan was drawn up in consultation with Russian officials, though Kyiv was not directly involved in its preparation. The proposal comes amid mounting pressure on Ukraine, which is struggling with Russian advances in the east and a domestic corruption scandal that recently led to the dismissal of two senior ministers.
While the White House has declined to comment on the details, officials insist the initiative is designed to bring the war to a close. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has previously suggested that only the United States, under President Donald Trump, has the leverage to compel Moscow into a settlement.
Analysts warn that the concessions outlined in the plan could undermine Ukraine’s sovereignty and embolden Russia, raising fears of a fragile peace that may not hold. Moscow, however, has denied knowledge of any new U.S.-backed proposal.

